As you can guess, that's not how it came out. Here are the results on cotton broadcloth.
|Yellow with Grape added|
The yellows turned more green as I added grape.
The purples aren't too far off the paint samples, just lighter. Isn't it interesting how the paint samples compare to the dye samples? It's all about chemistry. How the dyes react with each other and with the fabric. On silk, it would look even different. Bottom line, I'm still working on mixing mustard. I came close with bronze dye and tangerine, but the tangerine splits out a little too much and gives orange streaks.
|Grape with yellow added|
So while I'm working on that, I've started one of the pieces in the series, because I did successfully come up with the blue-gray that I wanted. And this week brought good news. I sold my piece Inner Balance 2 to a doctor. He asked me what I did for a living and I told him I was a fiber artist and gave him my elevator speech about art quilts and what I do. He was interested so on my second visit, I took two of my works to show him in person what an art quilt looks like. He bought one of them. What a nice surprise.
|Inner Balance 2|