Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Distraction

I took a break from my work on a larger quilt yesterday to make a small one (8 inches x 10 inches). There is a store/gallery downtown that has some of my quilts on display for sale. It's called Funky Trunk Treasures and if you visit the link you'll see that its logo is a peacock feather. So I made this quilt for Kimberly, the owner to display in her shop.
Kimberly's Feather
It was a lot of fun to make and I finished it off by sewing some glass beads onto it. 
Today, I painted the background of my larger quilt with some textile paints. The weather was beautiful today and some migratory birds have been coming through the yard lately. I'm expecting Indigo Buntings any day now. They always visit in mid April for a few days and I don't want to miss seeing them so I set up my fabric and paints outside on our screened-in patio. One of my cats sat on the table with me and watched every move I made. He occasionally grabbed my paintbrush as I used it. Eventually, a box turtle came out of the woods and Opus, the cat, was distracted and left me to watch the turtle make its way across the yard. I was going to go on a bike ride and take my sketching supplies but it was too nice at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and will be posted after it is approved.