Friday, November 6, 2015

The Sum Of Many Parts

     Once again, I was fortunate enough to attend another marvelous fiber exhibit. This one was called The Sum of Many Parts and was exhibited in two separate galleries in Winter Park, Florida about a 10 minute drive from each other. The reception at the second one included a wonderful live jazz band. This show had traveled through China and is now touring through the USA. The quilts that were exhibited were quite varied in styles. For the show in Winter Park, the gallery added some local artists, too. I wanted to take more photos, but due to lighting problems and crowds in the way, here are some of the quilts that were in the show. I've put watermarks on the photos with the artists websites to give some protection to the images. And, of course, I got permission from the artists to post the photos of their quilts here. I'm linking this post to Off The Wall Friday  where you can find other art quilt blogs.

Caring
Caring is part of  Ellen Lindner's Body Language series, which I think is so very creative and touching.
Fledgling
Fledgling, Time to Fly Little Girl, is one of Bobbi Baugh's intriguing storytelling quilts.

Blues in the Night
I love how alive this quilt is that  Carole Harris made and it really fit with the music that was playing during the reception.
Like Jamie and the Nature Spirits
Lauren Austin quilts always have such a free spirited nature to them and yet still have a great composition.
     When I read from other bloggers about quilt shows that they go to in New York and New England and California and see the photos I wish I could go, too. Those areas get some big name artists that I really admire and would love to see their works in person. But I must admit that the local shows I've been to recently have had some very, very impressive pieces of art and I'm surprised at some of the artists whose work show up at them, too. I hope and I bet that your local shows do, too. Let's give a big hooray for all the fiber artists out there sharing their work and inspiring us.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for showing my work and linking to my site, Regina. I totally missed Lauren's work at the opening. I'll have to look for it when I go again.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is appreciated and will be posted after it is approved.