Friday, September 20, 2013

I Bought Some Art!

     Last week, I took a short road trip to visit a relative in North Carolina and get a change of scenery before I have rotator cuff surgery next week. I won't be able to sew (even hand stitch) for anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks! I can't imagine. Anyway, Susan Lenz got in touch with me and invited me to stop by her studio in Columbia, South Carolina while I was passing by. And I'm so glad I did.
     I'm amazed by how prolific she has been. Shelves and shelves full of quilts she has made. And all of them are not only beautiful, but they are packed with deep meaning. The walls are also covered with her fiber works. I wish I had remembered to take my camera inside, but I had left it in the car. And talk about her personality... she is one bubbly and talkative person. She has so much to say. I would have loved to stay longer, but my husband and I had to get back on the road.  But there was no way I could leave without buying one of her pieces. I chose one she was inspired to make from a water fixture in Arkansas while she was doing a workshop there. She had it framed and matted perfectly. It's called Hot Springs Relic II. I'm linking this to  Off The Wall Friday  where you can see other art quilt blogs. Please make comments on their posts to let them know you visited.
Hot Springs Relic II by Susan Lenz


Opus approves of the new addition to the studio



7 comments:

  1. How lucky to be able to visit Susan! I am a great admirer of her work. How your shoulder heals properly and you have a needle back in your hand soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, think her work is amazing. Sylvia said it all. Take care and get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to be able to visit Susan. Unlucky you to not be able to sew for that long. I'm sure you will find some way to express your creativity though. Good luck on the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you to leave with one of Susan's pieces.
    Nice studio too. Oh poor you with no sewing for such a long time, woe, woe.
    LeeAnna Paylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing my work! I'm truly flattered by your post and sweet comments. Thank you, too, for purchasing a piece! It is the ultimate compliment!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH no! I had shoulder surgery over a year ago. Let me know if you want to commiserate about it. Sometimes it takes someone who has been through it to know how frustrated you are. Here's lots of good thoughts sent your way.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your nice thoughts. I'm getting my last minute sewing in today. I already feel the withdrawal pangs.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is appreciated and will be posted after it is approved.