Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Creating a New Background

     I took the fabrics I had monoprinted and I cut them up and put them up on my design wall to create a background for my next art quilt. It was going to be a background for a rock cairn quilt and was going to be the first in a series of rock cairn quilts. But as it sits on the wall and I look at it and I look back at my prayer flag quilt with the monk on it, it seems that this background is asking for a monk to be put on it. Time will tell which way it goes.
     So anyway, here are some photos of close-ups of some of the parts of the backgrounds. They will look much better once they are sewed down and quilted and I will probably use some sheers to help blend them together, also. You can visit the Prayer Flag Quilt post on my earlier blog post to see how I use these monoprinted backgrounds on my quilts. I'm linking this to http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/ so that you can visit several wonderful blogs about art quilts and make comments on their posts.
One part of the background


Another part of the background


Some strips with color contrast added on top
Some color contrast added

2 comments:

  1. I like the feel of the fabrics. I could see a monk too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the feel of the fabrics, too. They make me feel serene. I think I've discovered the color way and patterns for my body of work. I'm sending out for a thermofax for an outline of my monk. Not sure if it will get used on this quilt, but it seems to be an image that calls to me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is appreciated and will be posted after it is approved.