Friday, December 19, 2014

Star Of Joy

                                      May the Star of Joy shine on you this Holiday Season.

Star of Joy
This art quilt was made by first monoprinting the background with textile paints and lumiere paints on a gelatin plate. Then I printed on top of it with textile paint and lumiere using a wooden roller that I had glued craft foam onto. Then I appliquéd the star and little monk, quilted it, sewed on the borders, and pillow case backing.
roller with foam glued onto it
This method with the roller can be used with PVC pipe or any cylindrical shape.
     I hope next week will turn out as you all hope for you and your families. I'm linking this to Off The Wall Friday where you can find other art quilt blogs. Please make comments on the artists'  posts to let them know you stopped by. Thanks for visiting. 




2 comments:

  1. I would have never thought of glueing foam to a rolling pin- great idea! I never bake so should put that pin I have collecting dust to hoid use. Thank you for the idea and I wish you a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My art group, ArtsEtc., did the rolling pin activity one day several years ago. It's a good way to make fabrics. Then you can use a cardboard framer to find a section you like for your project.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is appreciated and will be posted after it is approved.