Saturday, August 17, 2013

Answer to the Thermofax Pattern Mystery

Here's the answer to what the pattern was in this photo from my last post:
Mystery thermofax print pattern
2
Sea fan
I found this sea fan on a beach after a bad storm. I took a close-up photo of part of it and played around with it in Photoshop Elements and then sent it off to have it made into a thermofax screen. I think I can get a lot of use out of this pattern as a background element in my art quilts. I actually was inspired to get this pattern by the texture on a cantaloupe. I painted a cantaloupe with black paint and rolled it around on fabric with the intention of scanning it in and using that to get a thermofax screen, but it didn't work out well enough. And the paint seeped into the fruit and I had to throw away the cantaloupe, too.

By the way, I just updated my Etsy shopFiberArtsByRegina  with new photos. My regular art quilts are for sale on my website, reginabdunn.com but I have smaller items I made for sale in my Etsy shop. I'm just now starting to promote it.




2 comments:

  1. WOW - this screenprints are truly stunning ! I plan to have some of my pics transferred to screens, too ... because I guess I just fell in love with this technique ;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found screen printing to be addicting. I need to make sure I have a reason to do it and not to just waste fabric and paint just for the heck of it or else I'll just keep on going and going and going.

      Delete

Your comment is appreciated and will be posted after it is approved.