Sunday, March 10, 2013

Reflection

Well, I got an email that my prayer flag quilt did not get accepted into the exhibit. Even though I am disappointed, I do like the quilt and it has a lot of meaning to me. The whole idea of prayer flags is very spiritual to me and I plan on developing the concept deeper in future quilts. I think this rejection pushes me harder into trying to see what I can create around the concept of prayer flags. Here is a photo of the quilt. I think how I portrayed the monk is a weakness in the composition. I'm not sure what the problem is, but somehow he just doesn't seem to fit in to me. Perhaps I'll take him off or cover him up with something else sometime in the future. The text on the flags and in the background says "Peace on Earth" in many different languages. The name of the quilt is "Spread Peace". Any comments you have would be appreciated.
Spread Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and will be posted after it is approved.