Tuesday, March 5, 2013

SAQA Auction Quilt is Finished




Daydreaming
I finished my SAQA Auction quilt today by sewing on the hanging sleeve and label. I'm naming it :Daydreaming". Instead of putting on a binding, I sewed a gold yarn right next to the edge and then hand-couched a brown and black yarn to the edges. I couldn't get a great photo of this one. Either the colors came out a little off what they really are or it seemed a little blurry. Since I'm not entering this one into an exhibit or contest, I don't need to have perfect photos of it. Thank goodness. Once my studio is up and running, I'll have a permanent space set up for photos with proper lighting.
Detail of Daydreaming. You can see the gold yarn inside
the brown/black yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and will be posted after it is approved.