Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Some Details of the Prayer Flag Quilt

I've completed the prayer flags and the focal point of the quilt. It took me a few days to decide on the exact design of the focal point. My original idea stuck out too much and I had to figure out a way to make it blend in more with the rest of the quilt. I'm very happy with how it works now. Actually, I'm very happy with the whole quilt so far. I think that I am developing a unique style. It will be interesting to see how the next quilt in the series compares to this one. Well, anyway, here are a couple of photos of details.
detail shot of part of the focal point
 with a prayer flag behind it
detail shot of a prayer flag





















The next steps are for me to hand-embroider some of the background, block the quilt, and finish the edges. I should be finished soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and will be posted after it is approved.