Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fond Remembrances

I had a good therapeutic cry today as I worked setting up my studio some more. I was sorting fabrics and came across a bag of clothes that belonged to my mom. She passed away in September after a long terminal illness. I got to spend a lot of time with her that last year and a half and was with her when she passed. I didn't want to keep all her clothes so I kept the ones I remembered seeing her the most in... sweaters with hearts, pajamas that said "I love you", t-shirts with teddy bears... really cute stuff. I folded them up and put them in the window seat I purchased for our two cats. I eventually want to cut up her clothes (sweaters, too) and make things out of them for me and for my siblings and for her grandchildren (who are mostly adults now). They all will remember those clothes, too. I was thinking of making maybe stuffed plushed teddy bears or the like. I won't be able to do it for quite awhile. The feelings are too raw still. Do any of you have any ideas of things to make from them that will be sentimental for relatives?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and will be posted after it is approved.