Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Step 5 of the Stamping Experiment

     Well, I'm not sure where this will end up, but here is the next thing I did. I used a chain stitch and a variation of it called the chain stitch-magic. It uses two colors of thread at the same time. It sounds complicated, but is actually very easy to do. Here is a tutorial, which is part of the link I posted last time, too. http://www.embroidery.rocksea.org/stitch/chain-stitch/magic-chain-stitch/ .  I added some extra running stitches to help blend the spirals into what I had already done.
     One thing I've learned as I've become an artist, is that there are no mistakes. I like that. If something doesn't work, you can alter it later. If any of what I've done so far doesn't seem to fit to me, I can add stitches later, or I can add some sheer fabrics, or I can use Inktense pencils to add color or shading. But I'll wait until I'm closer to the end to make adjustments. The spiral in the middle seems out of place to me now and I may rip it out later, but for now it is there.
     So, what do you think this is going to become? Let us know.


I have an idea, myself; but perhaps may change my mind as stitches are added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated and will be posted after it is approved.